- B.A. in Marketing, Minors in Psychology & Jewish Studies (Lehigh University)
- Masters in Secondary Education 7-12 (Saint Joseph’s University)
- Other certifications:
- State of Pennsylvania Teaching Certification Math 7-12
- State of Pennsylvania Teaching Certification English 7-12
My teaching philosophy stresses the importance of incorporating a wide variety of teaching strategies to help each child succeed to their best ability. I believe that a great educator is one that exhibits passion, patience, and respect. As a teacher and a tutor I stress the importance of respect and responsibility. I want each child to have a successful future and that starts with finding confidence in one’s abilities. I strive to help a student find his/her own passion and to be able to make connections to the material that they are learning. My goal is for a student to enjoy learning and strive for success.
Tutoring Areas of Expertise
- I have over six years of teaching experience in grades 9-12.
- 10 years experience with students in grades pre-k through 12
- K-8 – Math, Writing, Reading, Science, History, Study Skills, Organizational skills, Standardized Test Prep
- 7-12 – Math, Literature, Study Skills, Organizational skills, standardized test prep
Hobbies & Fun Fact(s)
I play ultimate Frisbee. I play both woman’s and coed ultimate Frisbee. I love to learn and read about society and other cultures.