Tips For Success
- Prioritize what needs to be done!
- Pre-plan each day how you will spend your time!
- Negotiate your time if you have sports or out of school responsibilities!
- Don’t wait until the last minute to do everything!
- Keep your binders & take home folders neat and orderly.
- Use your homework planner.
- Do a 5 minute backpack clean-out nightly.
- Do a WEEKLY backpack clean-out.
- Keep a monthly calendar and mark in highlighter things you need to remember to do.
- Reread your notes and write down any questions you have and ask the teacher the next day.
- Make sure to reread any extra handouts/packets to reinforce what you’ve learned.
- Outline important information and ask yourself what is important to know about the topic you learned and why.
- Try applying this information to other things.
- DO IT !!!! AND that means EVERY NIGHT !!!!
- Do homework when you feel refreshed.
- Pace yourself and take short breaks.
- Call a buddy if you get stuck or ask for help from a parent.
- Use any additional resources available to you.
- Stay calm!
-Don’t cram the night before… Study a little each night.
- Ask someone to test you or test yourself.
- Study for meaning not just for memorization.
- Read and reread the directions until you understand them.
- Attempt every question, never leave one blank!
- If you get stuck, take a few deep breaths and try to visualize by closing your eyes and picturing in your mind what you learned.