- B.A. in History & Education (Rutgers University)
- Masters in Elementary Education K-8, Leadership Division (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other certifications:
- State of New Jersey Teaching Certification
- Middle School Social Studies Certification
- Special Education Certification K-12 (Rowan University)
- Wilson Reading System Certification, pending 7/1/13 (Fitchburg State University)
My experiences in and out of the classroom have helped develop my teaching skills and style. This has enabled me to become an educator who challenges her students to be the best they can academically and socially. I motivate my students to achieve their goals through imaginative and inspiring activities and lessons. It is my desire for my students to move through life with passion and tenacity when facing challenges. During my tutoring session, I attempt to instill in my students the skills necessary to do so. I am a devoted, innovative and enthusiastic teacher and have so much to offer as your child’s tutor.
Tutoring Areas of Expertise
- I have over ten years of tutoring experience in Kindergarten through 10th grade.
- K-8 – Math, Writing, Reading, Science, History, Study Skills, Organizational skills, Standardized Test Prep
- K-12 Wilson Reading System, “Ramp It Up Reading”
Hobbies & Fun Fact(s)
I’m a runner. I’ve completed 3 full marathons, about a dozen half marathons, and Broad Street run countless times. I also love to ski and play competitive co-ed sports like football and hockey. I love to travel and collect cool key chains every place I go.