- B.A. in Secondary Education (Glassboro State College (now Rowan University))
- Masters in Computer Science Education (Widener University)
- Other certifications:
- Math/Earth Science Certification K – 12
I have many years of experience teaching mathematics in Junior High School, Middle School and Intermediate School. I present concepts using many methods so your child can be successful. I pride myself on being able to see things through students’ eyes. For any student to have success in math, I believe it is necessary to master multiplication facts. In the beginning, your child and I will practice and drill until these facts are mastered. This is the foundation upon which success and achievement in mathematics is built. In order for your child to go forward in their education and life, I will prepare him/her to think for themselves and be confident in their thinking so as to build their success!
Tutoring Areas of Expertise
- I have 33 years of experience teaching math to 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th graders.
- fractions, decimals, per cents, algebra I, ratio/proportion, Connected Math, 7th and 8th grade basic geometry
Hobbies & Fun Fact(s)
I try to stay fit by jogging regularly and working out with a trainer. I compete in 5K’s for charity events. I enjoy reading, watching sports on TV (Phillies and Eagles) and Sudoku puzzles. My favorite place is the beach. I love to be with kids and love to laugh!