- B.A. in Education (Boston University)
- Masters in Elementary Education K-8 (Northwestern Oklahoma State University)
- Other certifications:
- State of New Jersey Teaching Certification
- Middle School Math and Language Arts Certification
- Special Education Certification K-9 (Boston University)
I believe that every child has limitless potential to learn. My role as a teacher is to identify every student’s learning styles and strengths, and use those to help the student achieve academic success. Too often students face frustration and failure. When I tap into a student’s strengths, he or she can begin to build upon successes, which in turn builds self-confidence. A confident student has the determination to face challenges in the classroom and beyond. As a tutor, I will get to know your child’s preferred learning styles and strengths, as well as identify their areas of weakness. Together we will develop the tools to help your child access their potential as they tackle their specific academic challenges. The outcome will be a confident, determined, more successful student!
Tutoring Areas of Expertise
- K-8 – Math, Writing, Reading, Study Skills, Organizational Skills, Standardized Test Prep
- Preschool “Handwriting Without Tears” program
Hobbies & Fun Fact(s)
I love to travel. I’ve road-tripped across the United States several times, and love to see new places. The most interesting destination so far is West Africa, where I lived for six months during a study abroad semester in college. When I am home, I love to read, cook, and play with my dogs. My favorite outdoor hobby is rollerblading and bike riding with my dog.