- B.A. in Communication (University of Delaware)
- Masters in Elementary Education K-6 (Chestnut Hill College)
- Other certifications:
- State of Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
- State of New Jersey Teaching Certification
- Reading Specialist K-12
I mostly work in a resource classroom so I know the importance of different learning styles in every person. I believe every child can learn, they just learn differently than others. As their teacher, it is my goal to find what motivates each child to help them reach their fullest potential. I love to connect with students on a personal and academic level. It is my objective to make them smart, confident learners. Teaching children the value of reading is my goal as a teacher and a tutor. To instill good reading skills in students sets them up for great successes in all areas of academia.
Tutoring Areas of Expertise
- I have tutored students from a first grade level to fifth grade in Math, Reading and Writing
- I have experience working closely with, and tutoring students with learning disabilities and/or students on the Autism Spectrum
Hobbies & Fun Fact(s)
I am recently married and love to go on little day trips with my husband. I have a sister who lives in Los Angeles and go out to visit her every chance I get!! I took piano lessons for 10 years as a child and still love to sit down and play my favorite songs! I work in the district where I grew up and have co-taught with my fourth grade teacher!