- B.A. in Journalism/English (Lehigh University)
- Masters in English Education Grades 7-12 (Columbia University)
- Other certifications:
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification (English 7-12)
- New York Teaching Certification (English 7-12)
- Montessori Teaching Certification (Grades 1-3)
When I went back to graduate school for education, I originally planned on working with high school students. I was very surprised to find out how much I enjoyed working with middle school and elementary students too! Since then, I have taught English, Social Studies, Special Education and Grades 1-3. While I love being in the classroom, I really love working one-on-one with my students so I can tailor the lessons to their needs. From my teaching and tutoring experiences, I learned that no two students learn in the same way. I can help my students understand their schoolwork so that they can have their “Ah-ha!” moment! As a tutor, I am kind and funny, but firm, ensuring that the student feels comfortable enough to ask questions and admit when something still doesn’t make sense.
Tutoring Areas of Expertise
- I have over ten years of tutoring & teaching experience in 1st through 12th grade.
- Math, Writing, Reading, History, Study Skills, Organizational skills, Standardized Test Prep
- Used Reading & Writing Workshop model in classroom
Hobbies & Fun Fact(s)
In my free time, I love to read and I even started a book club so I can share books with my friends! I also love to travel- I’m always planning my next trip. At home I stay busy with my adorable daughter and Huckleberry, the best golden retriever in the world!